Saturday, December 22, 2007

Winter Solstice

There is something very significant about starting this blog on the Solstice with a temperature of -26 Celsius. I gaze out on vast expanses of white as I listen to weather warnings on the CBC. I long for the return of warmth and sunshine.
Global warming, I could use some of that, the sooner the better right. I chuckle at the video about Moose Jaw being the new tropics. If only it were true! But that's just it it isn't true, it's wishful thinking. A warmer Saskatchewan followed by the worst droughts in 600 years, followed by the lose of glacier fed waterways is not going to make this a better place to live.

I'll close with the winner of the 60 seconds to save our planet winning video.



So I've decided to write a blog. What are you going to do about the elephant in the pasture?

Maybe you could start by answering the UTube call for submissions to the DAVOS conference on economic development. What one thing do you think countries, companies or individuals must do in order to make the world a better place in 2008?

No comments: